Monday, June 13, 2011

Home with baby

Beloved daughter is home with the baby.  My daughter's friend took me grocery shopping and I spent a fortune stocking her fridge and cabinet.  Made her a pot roast with potatoes and carrots and onions and salad tonight.  Plenty to freeze about 6 individual dinners for her.  Tomorrow I'll make chili and freeze what we don't eat.  She lost a lot of blood and I want to make sure she's got the best quality food.  Easy individual meals that she can grab, reheat, and have a home cooked meal to keep her healthy. 

Unfortunately, I hurt my chest trying to put a lid on one of the Tupperware lids.  It was the kind you have to push the flaps down and in.  Felt a stabbing pain when I pushed the flap too hard.  Of course, that action pulled my chest muscles.  Hurt so bad and almost went down to my knees.  This hasn't been a good few days as far as my chest healing. 

This morning before my daughter came home, had several crying fits.  I'm not sure why.  More crazy, carnival ride of feelings since the bypass.  My grandson will never know the pre-bypass me.  That's kind of a funny thought.  Like maybe I'm entering a new life. 

I sure love hearing from y'all.  Signing out for tonight.

2 comments:

  1. It's true he'll never know the pre-bypass you, but does that really matter? Think of a little bit down the road. You'll no longer be hurting, and you'll regain your feeling of security in this world, but what will be the real differences between pre and post you? I think he'll grow up knowing that you are the baddest grandma mama jama out there. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will know the you that lives like there is no tomorrow b/c you will have faced the possibility of that day...

    What great wisdom you will pass on to him. All the rich life experiences and lessons you have learned. Your richness will enthrall him at story time his life throughout, I have no doubt!

    It is so great that he will know you and that you were here for his birth and are here for his life.

    You just reminded that my grandmother's only wish as her health was failing was to see her first great grand kid alive, and she never made the day. She passed from a heart attack while I was still pregnant.

    May we never lose sight that we are HERE and LIVING the dream!

    I adore you with my whole heart, soul, and body! Every cell in me beats to the love we have...

    A friend at work today told me such a beautiful thing in giving me support: that we are not just joined at hip, we are joined at the heart. And, we are. It defines us quite well in a simple sentence!

    Be kind to yourself, and listen to your body. You and Jess can heal together! No need for one to help the other at the cost of their own healing.

    Be kind to yourself, my little Rose, for one day you will surely answer! Love, lust and adoration, DC/Cecilia

    ReplyDelete